Season 3: Episode 1 "Don't BIPOC Me!"
July 30, 2023
Black Mental Health Alliance for Education and Consultation, Inc.
The Black Mental Health Alliance’s Real Talk: Black Minds Matter podcast is BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER! What better time to kick off season three than in July, during BLACK Mental Health Awareness month AND on The Year of Transformation/ Road to 40! In this episode, co-hosts Andrea Brown and Nia Jones are back with the topic “Don’t BIPoC Me!”. This discussion unpacks issues in relation to reclaiming our importance as Black people, making mental health and wellness a priority in our community and so much more! You might want to take some notes for this one, it gets GOOD!
Links/Information discussed in this episode:
- The Real Little Mermaid Story
- The Road to 40! (Year of Transformation)
- Thursday, December 7, 2023
- BMHA 2023 Youth Summit
- Saturday, October 28, 2023
How can you get involved?
- Join the BMHA Social Media Community @BlackMindsMatter1 https://www.facebook.com/blackmindsmatter1 , subscribe on YouTube at Black Mental Health Alliance, and follow us on instagram at @bmhaofficial and @youngblkmindsmatter
- Tune into our Community Conversations: Sawubona LIVE discussions every month! Our foundation for our Community Conversation series will be in discovering what it means to honor one's humanity: Sawubona. This year the conversations will be based around how we are not our trauma, addressing something regarding trauma each month. It is through the power of community connection and conversation that we counter the narrative, ignite healing and restoration around the many things that often cause Black folks to feel unseen as we navigate life. Check out the BMHA social media platforms for more information.
- Give to what matters #BlackMindsMatter We appreciate all donations and no amount is too small. Your contribution allows BMHA to change the conversation about mental health in the Black community, transform lives by connecting with culturally-affirming clinicians and leaders, and renew minds with insightful information from the village for the village.